Blank Canvas is now the home for quilting, scrapbooking, crafting retreats, and gatherings but it has a full history in Conway Springs, KS.
Blank Canvas Lodge started its life as the Church of the Brethren. The church was the first denomination to establish a church in Conway Springs. The church did not last and ended on December 31, 1976. The congregation at one time had a membership of about 200, the largest in town.
Originally facing the north, the building was turned in 1915 to face the west, a front stoop was added, and a full utility basement was built. In 1957 it underwent major repairs and installation of new furniture and pews.
After the Brethren Church the building became a Masonic Lodge. The masons in Conway Springs had an active group for many years. However, the time has come for the few remaining members to join a more active group and put the building on the market.